Saturday, April 30, 2016

House is very close to getting ready to photograph.  The realtor suggested we repair a bit of concrete parging that cracked and loosened on our back porch steps.  I noticed it, but when my hydrangea has leafed out, you don't see it.  OK, so we will fix it.

Husband checked internet on how to DIY.  First step was to remove everything that was loose.  When I checked on him, the whole inside of the steps were hollow.  I thew the rubble back in and started to patch.  I had a heck of a time trying to get the cement to adhere vertically.  Made pretty good strides, but still not there yet.

The realtor checked in on my progress and said he would send his handyman over.  Oh my gosh, I don't want to send hundreds of dollars on this project, but he assured me that it should only take him and hour or two at $40 per hour.  He showed up and spend 2 hours on it.  Left it to dry and said he would be back in a few days to grind out the rough spots where the cement oozed out between the wooden form.  I reminded him that we were selling and I didn't require perfection, just good enough.

He was here yesterday while I was away and it was finished to perfection.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment